By Rakesh Srivastava
(for either volumes) Apoptosis, phone Signaling, and Human illnesses: Molecular Mechanisms, Volumes 1 & 2, current a concise synthesis of contemporary advancements within the knowing of either mobilephone survival and apoptotic pathways. specific consciousness is given to apoptosis in human illnesses, resembling various sorts of melanoma and neurodegenerative illnesses. those entire volumes combine the main leading edge and present findings from numerous similar disciplines of medical study, together with pathology, genetics, virology, mobile biology, immunology, and molecular biology. quantity 1 is split into sections: "Malignant Transformation and Metastasis" and "Molecular foundation of illness Therapy." quantity 2 follows an analogous constitution and is split into sections entitled "Kinases and Phosphate" and "Molecular foundation of cellphone Death." the entire individuals are on the vanguard of clinical discovery, and the reports they current systemically research the main fascinating and leading edge points in their specific components of workmanship. Researchers will locate those volumes of significant gain as they look for novel and more desirable remedies for human ailments.
Read or Download Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms PDF
Best developmental biology books
Not like something at the moment in the market, Dr. Sally A. Moody and a workforce of world-renowned specialists offer a groundbreaking view of developmental genetics that may effect clinical ways in embryology, comparative biology, in addition to the newly rising fields of stem phone biology and regenerative drugs.
This two-volume, interdisciplinary paintings is a unified presentation of a vast diversity of cutting-edge themes within the speedily starting to be box of mathematical modeling within the organic sciences. Highlighted all through either works are mathematical and computational methods to ascertain principal difficulties within the lifestyles sciences, starting from the organizational rules of person cells to the dynamics of huge populations.
Kruppel-like elements (KLFs) are attracting nice realization throughout a large spectrum of organic sciences and drugs due to their striking organic efficiency and the range of roles they play within the physiological and pathological adjustments of cells and tissues. This ebook is a entire compendium of the newest study at the molecular mechanisms of KLFs, describing their roles in transcriptional law, mobile differentiation and improvement, the pathogenesis of the liver and cardiovascular platforms and melanoma, and new release of ES cells and iPS cells.
This publication presents accomplished insights into congenital middle disorder from embryonic improvement via to medical positive aspects, together with human genetics and our present wisdom of the underlying molecular pathways. it really is divided into 3 elements: an creation to the improvement of the guts and its vessels, an summary of the molecular pathways affecting the improvement of assorted cardiovascular constructions, and a chief part concentrating on the different sorts of structural and nonstructural congenital middle illnesses, together with their medical positive aspects, underlying genetic adjustments and similar animal types and pathways.
- The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives
- Molecular Mechanisms of Cell Differentiation in Gonad Development
- Baby Gorilla: Photographic and Descriptive Atlas of Skeleton, Muscles and Internal Organs
- Plant Development (The Green World)
- Mouse Models of Developmental Genetic Disease
- Stem Cell Biology
Additional resources for Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms
Srivastava RK, Srivastava AR, Korsmeyer SJ, Nesterova M, Cho-Chung YS, Longo DL. Involvement of microtubules in the regulation of Bcl2 phosphorylation and apoptosis through cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol 1998;18:3509–3517. 142. Alper O, Hacker NF, Cho-Chung YS. Protein kinase A-Ialpha subunit-directed antisense inhibition of ovarian cancer cell growth: crosstalk with tyrosine kinase signaling pathway. Oncogene 1999;18:4999–5004. 143. Cho YS, Kim M-K, Cheadle C, Neary C, Becker KG, Cho-Chung YS.
51. Malkinson AM, Hogy L, Gharrett AJ, Gunderson TJ. Ontogenetic studies of cyclic AMPdependent protein kinase enzymes from mouse heart and other tissues. J Exp Zool 1978; 205:423–431. 52. Claycomb WC. Biochemical aspects of cardiac muscle differentiation. Deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis and nuclear and cytoplasmic deoxyribonucleic acid polymerase activity. J Biol Chem 1975;250:3229–3235. 24 Nesterova and Cho-Chung 53. Jonassen JA, Bose K, Richards JS. Enhancement and desensitization of hormone-responsive adenylate cyclase in granulosa cells of preantral and antral ovarian follicles: effects of estradiol and follicle-stimulating hormone.
12. Solberg R, Tasken K, Keiserud A, Jahnsen T. Molecular cloning, cDNA structure and tissue-specific expression of the human regulatory subunit RI beta of cAMP-dependent protein kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1991;176:166–172. 13. Scott JD, Glaccum MB, Zoller MJ, Uhler MD, Helfman DM, McKnight GS, et al. The molecular cloning of a type II regulatory subunit of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase from rat skeletal muscle and mouse brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1987;84:5192–5196. 14. Øyen O, Myklebust F, Scott JD, Hansson V, Jahnsen T.
Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms by Rakesh Srivastava